RESPECTING YOUR PRIVACY AND SAFEGUARDING YOUR DATA
This policy was last updated on 18 May 2018
If you have any queries about any of the information detailed here please email us at [email protected]. The terms of the Policy may change, so please check it from time to time.
How do we collect information?
We will collect personal information from you when:
- You become a member of the orchestra or play for us
- You make ticket bookings and other online purchases
- You support the Orchestra as a Friend or Patron or through making a donation
- You make an application or enquire about becoming a member of the orchestra or performing with us.
- You enquire about our activities and services via direct emails, web forms or phone conversations
- You take part in our activities or join one of our participation groups
- Or you otherwise provide us with personal information
We also gather general information about the use of our website, using Google Analytics. For this purpose we only use anonymous information and statistics which do not identify individual visitors.
What personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information collected might include name, email address, postal address, telephone number, mobile phone number and bank details in order to process payments to you.
How do we use this information?
We will use your personal information to provide you with the services, products or information you have requested, for administration purposes, to improve our services and to further our artistic and charitable aims, including for fundraising activities. We do not share your data with any third parties without your express consent.
We may use your personal information to contact you directly about future events and how you can support the Orchestra through membership and donations. However, you will always be provided with the opportunity to opt out of future communications.
How to change or stop us contacting you by post, telephone, email or text message
You can change your contact preferences at any time by emailing [email protected]
How to unsubscribe from Dockland Sinfonia emails or newsletters
If you no longer wish to receive email communications, please click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or email us at [email protected] to update your preferences or request to be removed from our lists.
Our requirements and responsibilities
Docklands Sinfonia is a registered charity no. 1147781
What personal information do we collect and process?
You will be asked for personal information when you make an enquiry about playing with us or become a member, join our Friends or Patrons, make a donation, sign up for an activity, or order products and services from us. Details on these interactions can be found below.
- When you enquire about playing with us, become a member of the orchestra
In order to contact you about playing opportunities with Docklands Sinfonia and to keep our members and other players updated with information about our rehearsals, concerts and other activities, we keep your contact details such as your name, email address and phone number.
- When you perform with us or we commission your services
We will ask you for your bank details in order for us to pay you swiftly and efficiently for your services. For regular players, we may store your details with our bank so we can pay you easily in future. If you do not want us to hold these, please email us at [email protected]
- Join our Friends scheme or make a donation
To keep you updated with our activities and process payments from friends and donors, we will contact you from time to time via emails or newsletters.
- When you buy tickets from us
We hold names, emails and postal address of people who have previously bought tickets via our website so we can keep you informed about future concerts and events. Our ticketing services are also now provided via wegottickets.com. We have shared access to the personal data on their database, however we do not any point have access to credit card details. We also do not share any personal data with third parties.
What we use your information for and on what basis
Depending on the interaction and relationship with Docklands Sinfonia, along with the preferences you have indicated, we will use the personal information you have provided in a number of different ways. This is always done in accordance with one of the legal bases required to process data.
The uses below are undertaken so that we can fulfil our contractual obligations to you around a purchase or membership, or because we have requested information ahead of a potential membership:
- To process and complete your order for tickets, recordings or other products purchased
- To process and acknowledge donations that you make and any associated membership
- To keep you informed in line with your membership as a donor or as a member
- The uses below are undertaken as a carefully considered use of your data, which is in our legitimate interests, but which we believe also are balanced with your rights and of benefit to you
- To notify you of changes to events you have booked
- To send you communications by post following a purchase in order to inform you of other related products, events and opportunities to support the Orchestra, which may include relevant news or competitions from our sponsors
- To send you communications by email following a purchase in order to inform you of other related products, events and opportunities to support the Orchestra
- To ensure our marketing and fundraising resources are used in the most effective and efficient manner and that any communications we may send are appropriate and of interest to you
- To track your online actions and whether you receive or open emails (or other communications) that we send you
- To ask you to participate in surveys and market research
You have the right to object to this processing if you wish and can inform us by emailing [email protected]
Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out tasks above for your benefit.
Opting out of marketing and other fundraising communications
If you have indicated that you are happy to continue to hear from us having made a booking or donation, we will contact you to let you know about upcoming events.
We include information on how to opt out when we send you marketing communications. If you don’t want to hear from us, just let us know when you provide us with your information. You can opt out of communications by selecting "unsubscribe" at the bottom of any email or by emailing [email protected]
We will stay in touch with you, unless we hear otherwise, about the benefits of your charitable support, along with special events in which you may be interested. If you have opted out of marketing communications, we may still get in touch with you. For example, we may email you to inform you about any changes to events that you’ve booked.
How do we keep your personal information safe?
We ensure that there are appropriate controls in place to protect your personal details. The personal information that you provide is held securely and will not be used for any other purpose than as outlined in this policy.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How do we keep your information up to date?
We endeavour to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. If you become aware of errors or inaccuracies, please email [email protected]
How can you access the information we hold about you?
You have the right to know what personal information we hold about you and to request a copy of that information. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. To make a request please email [email protected]
Who has access to personal information?
Docklands Sinfonia’s Treasurer, Musical Director and designated Trustees/management are the only individuals with access to personal data and only access this in relation to carrying out their duties for the orchestra.
How is my information stored?
All personal information held by Docklands Sinfonia is stored securely on our webservers or on secure password encrypted equipment access only by designated individuals. Bank details are held only by our bank to ensure swift and efficient payments.
Changes to this policy
If you have any questions at all about the ways in which we collect and use your personal information please contact us at [email protected]